VanWIT’s Mentorship Pilot Program connects a select group of mentees and mentors working in the tech sector within the greater Vancouver area. To sign up to be a mentor or a mentee in 2019, please submit the form below.
Benefits of Being a Mentee
- A mentor can help coach and guide you through career decisions, provide advice, and share wisdom gained through career experience.
- Working with a mentor can provide an opportunity to help you define your career path, be confident in asking for more challenging assignments and responsibilities, and improve your satisfaction with your career overall.
- As women in technology are still in the minority, taking the step to find a mentor in the industry can help to level the playing field.
Benefits of Being a Mentor
- As an experienced professional, sharing your insight with a mentee can be personally rewarding and can provide career value to you.
- The discussions with your mentee can help you hone your leadership and coaching skills while growing your professional network and branching out to people working in different areas of the tech sector in Vancouver.
- Studies have shown that mentors also receive more promotions (as much as six times as often as those not in a mentoring program) and mentoring can create real tangible benefits to advance your own career.
- Mentorship is a two-way relationship – you might be surprised at what you can learn from your mentee!
Interested in VanWIT’s Mentorship Program?
If you are interested in participating and/or receiving updates about our Mentorship Program, please subscribe to our email list and be sure to check the “Mentorship” box.