VanWIT hosts events that connect, inspire and educate. Join us and become a part of our network of smart, tech-savvy women who are committed to helping each other succeed. We provide a friendly and supportive environment for women in all stages of their career, including students, up-and-comers and seasoned professionals. VanWIT welcomes people of all genders who are interested in supporting women in technology.
The Power to Succeed in IT: What is YOUR Superpower?
November 13, 2018
Our second series in The Power of ( ) focuses on the different types of power that can be used to help you succeed in IT. Formal and organizational are the easiest to see and use, but that only scratches the surface. Join us for an exciting keynote and panel discussion about how the various types of power (expert, referential, who you know, charismatic, and many more) can help you advance your career at any level of the organization.
- Theories on power: What do people say, and what does it really mean?
- The good, the bad, and the ugly: What are the pros and cons of each type?
- Best use of ‘Superpowers”: How have people advanced in their careers at every level of the organization?
- Dianne Lapierre (right), Senior Vice President/Chief Information Officer, Raymond James Ltd.
- Kimberley St Pierre, Named Account Manager, Palo Alto Networks
- Diana Popescu, Manager, Consulting & Deals, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Jinyi Tsai, IT Business Analyst, Raymond James Ltd
Thank you to our event sponsor:
Save the date on your calendar for the following events and keep an eye out for more details closer to the date.*
The Power of Networking: Who do you know?
October 16, 2018
The Power to Succeed in IT: What’s your Superpower?
November 13, 2018
The Power of Coaching: How to bring out the best
January 15, 2019
The Power of YOU (Part I): Leadership Circle Series (members only)
February 20, 2019
The Power of Governance: Working with Boards & Committees
March 13, 2019
The Power of YOU (Part II): Leadership Circle Series (members only)
April 10, 2019
The Power of Opportunity: Landing your dream job
May 14, 2019
The Power of Advice: What have you learned?
June 11, 2019
*Events are usually held at a location downtown from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Subscribe to our email list to get updates on our upcoming events and programs.